Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Ides of March

Sunday, March 15, 2015


The Ides of March is personally significant for me.  Today is my five year anniversary of getting laser correction surgery done on my eyes.  I had the procedure done on March 15, 2010 in Santa Cruz, California.  My friend Emma helped take care of me immediately after the procedure.

At the time I had my procedure done I had no idea that my ability to perceive the world in a healthy way was still being clouded by my early life history.  Though I had undergone psychotherapy prior to 2010 it had not been definitively effective.  I know this now because the EMDR therapy I have since undergone within the last two years profoundly changed the way I perceive the world from inside my own body.  I didn't realize my ability to perceive the world with my five senses was being impacted by my unhealed trauma.  I can look back with clear hindsight and know that it was.

We had a very mild weekend here in Minnesota.  Though it will be much cooler this coming week the time of a persistent snow cover associated with winter is now long gone.  With the snow now gone the world is no longer so monochromatic.    I often found myself imagining the world exhaling as the snow proceeded to melt away in the last week.

I personally continue to feel better and better.  In one week I intend to try a slightly lower dosage of the SSRI I have been taking since late 2013.  My new goal is to wean myself off this medication completely in time for my next birthday in September.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!