Sunday, July 24, 2016

Being Held In A Beautiful Way

Sunday, July 24, 2016


Today was an incredibly beautiful day. I think I will easily remember an element of what happened on this day for the rest of my life.

Earlier today I heard my name vocalized during the 11:30 am mass at the Basilica of St. Mary. I wasn't expecting this. I had contacted the Basilica this past week in the hope of finding some additional support during a time in which I am not only confronted with some deep needs but also a period of deep transformation. I didn't necessarily think the support I requested would include my name being mentioned during a mass. What I would call the ripple effect of my retreat last weekend at the Demontreville Jesuit retreat house in Lake Elmo, Minnesota is still at work.

My name was mentioned first during that portion of the mass when prayers are offered for particular individuals. I nearly burst into tears when I heard my name. Instead of sobbing I focused on consciously breathing so I could lessen my feelings of being overwhelmed. There was something about hearing my name vocalized in the presence of hundreds of worshippers in the interior of such an incredibly beautiful church that left me feeling something I still struggle to fully express in words. More words will probably come to me later.

I am grateful for all the generosity of all the people who have touched my life since the day I was born.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!