Saturday, July 23, 2016

Dear Minnesota

Saturday, July 23, 2016


Dear Minnesota,

I am writing to you to let you know the time is drawing near for me to take my leave of you. It's been an interesting journey living within your borders. Had I known what I was going to experience when I came to you in October, 2012 I might never have moved here. My life here has certainly been eventful. I expect to leave you later this year. That is my plan. And when I do venture to move on I will be leaving with a most unexpected gift. I expect to leave with the gift of my own wholeness.

I still don't quite know what to make of you dear Minnesota. You can be a stern teacher. Never did I appreciate the gift of spring as much as I came to do once I lived through your winters. Spring does not come easily to you. Winters take up their residence here and do not cede their occupancy easily. Indeed, spring and winter do a delicate dance here within your borders. Spring here is like a prayer whose wisdom grows within us day after day until one day, finally, the fruit of that wisdom bursts forth to reveal a landscape awake...and green. I came to appreciate the beautiful color green in a new way while living within your borders.

I make a prayer to you today that you release me from your borders with a gentleness very much not characteristic of the dark, cold season that finds such strength here within you. I ask you to release me so that I may go on my way and, using the wisdom and strength I have cultivated while living within you, find my way once again to the path that leads me to my best possible future life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!