Saturday, March 14, 2015

Balance

Saturday, March 14, 2015


Today is my third day of writing about values and how they can link to trauma and trauma recovery. Today I am writing about balance.

My odyssey of recovering from trauma can be effectively described as a journey of rediscovering balance.  I am seeking to create balance in my life once again.  And as I have taken my journey of conscious healing I have consistently appreciated how imbalanced my life previously was.

I felt very burned out for quite a while.  But I wasn't fully acknowledging the depth of my feeling of being burned out.  Simply put I was giving far too much to others in comparison to what I was giving to myself.  I wasn't taking very good care of myself.  This was due in part to the fact that my self-care skills weren't the best.

Creating a balanced life is, it seems, a lifelong process.  We get the chance to create such a life each and every day we wake up and meet the world beyond our flesh and bones.  My life is much more balanced than it was as recently as two years ago.  I still have more work to do in order to feel fully free of my early life history.  But I feel encouraged by the progress I have made thus far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!