Monday, March 9, 2015

I Have A New Friend

Monday, March 9, 2015


The fourth week of my morning outpatient program began today. I am feeling a lot better.  And it certainly helps that the evenings are full of light now. I also feel uplifted by the fact that I have a new friend.

Last week I spoke with one of the program therapists about a new idea I had for coping with my sadness.  I thought it could be good for me to have a stuffed animal to whom I could confide my feelings each day.  So now I have a cute little terry bear.  His fur is a pale ice blue color.  He has a brown bow tie with blue polka dots.  He is approximately nine inches tall.  I think he is adorable. And he doesn't have a name yet.

I imagined having a teddy bear would give me some comfort.  I can hug and cuddle him in moments when I feel sad and lonely.

I am an adult.  But that doesn't mean I can't do something simple and easy like having a cuddly teddy bear.  Some people might not imagine a forty-one year old man should have a teddy bear.  Aren't teddy bears just for kids?  I guess I can have my teddy bear be a friend to my inner child.

......

As my darker, more turbulent feelings subside I see my needs beginning to change.  My blog will be changing as well.  I just don't know what it will become.

Finding a new friend is a bit fitting to the ending of winter.  One aspect of Spring I find so exciting is watching the world wake up again.  Spring is a time of renewed possibilities.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!