Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Antithesis of Calcification

Wednesday, January 8, 2014


Today has been an extraordinarily good day.  It's not only above 0F but I feel as good as I ever have.  It  must have been some time last month when I finally was able to truthfully proclaim that I have never felt better in my entire life.  Those of you who are reading this who know anyone (yourself included) diagnosed with PTSD ought to consider learning more about EMDR therapy.  It is obvious to me that it was a fundamental ingredient in my amazing healing process.

I went to Abbott Northwestern hospital today to follow up regarding my left shoulder.  Though my shoulder function is so much better that it was previously I was nonetheless recommended to get some additional physical therapy.  The new order will be sent to my physical therapist at HCMC's Parkside Alternative Medicine Clinic.  I am pushing back my goal for completion of my physical therapy to March 1st.  I believe this is a realistic goal to achieve.  I am so happy that the end of that process is in sight.

I actually can also imagine the end of my therapeutic work with my clinical social worker as well.  I very much doubt I could complete that work by March 1st as well but I do believe I can be un-diagnosable for PTSD by the end of 2014.  That is another one of my goals.  Shortly after I returned to therapy and began the arduous process of healing my many challenging issues I began to wonder what the Guinness record is for healing from PTSD.  I sense that my therapist is very impressed with the pace of my recovery.  I know I certainly feel proud of myself!

I also met with my job coach today.  Now that the holidays have come and gone I can finally get into a regular rhythm of meeting with her to assist me in my work search process.  I scheduled a weekly appointment with her through the end of February.  It's so exciting to be able to reference the month of March in any manner!  Having experienced some of the worst cold a winter may feature here in Minnesota it seems quite likely the coldest weather of the winter may already be behind us!  That is exciting.  I believe I am going to enjoy this coming spring in a way I have never enjoyed spring before. It will certainly be the first spring in which I feel fully alive!

There is so much to look forward to in my life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!