Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Surprised When the Well Ran Dry

Tuesday, January 7, 2014


Something happened during my visit with my therapist today that was quite unexpected. I actually ran out of material to immediately work with. After following up on the primary points I shared yesterday I found myself struggling to come up with something fresh to say. I suppose I have entered a new phase where the momentum that already exists in my therapeutic process will help me move forward.

I had another one of those 'sparkling' moments today in which I looked around myself and marveled at the vividness and beauty of my surroundings. Despite the bitter cold weather of recent days I can still find the snow covered landscapes of parks and distant vistas so very beautiful to behold. There is something so incredibly appropriate to exploring the contours of my grief during the period of deep hibernation that winter offers. Winter offers a long pause between the seasons of warmth and life. Having grown up in Texas I never experienced many 'real' winters in which subfreezing weather persists for weeks on end, lakes freeze over and the whole world takes on a very quiet quality. Here in the far north it is such a different story. Winter becomes a time of rest and reflection.

Now that the ongoing issue I had with the Twin Cities Gay Men's Chorus has been indefinitely shelved I can concentrate on other more important matters. Before I meet with my therapist again next Monday I plan to write a rough draft of a communication I plan to send to some members of my family. That is my next significant goal in my therapeutic journey.

I am not planning to stop writing my blog but I do sense that I am now at a turning point with the focus I bring to my writing process. Throughout the coming days and weeks I hope to find rejuvenation and some greater inspiration that will lead my writing process in whatever direction it is best that it proceed in.

Tomorrow I will be going to get my left shoulder reassessed. My commitment to ongoing physical therapy has helped me to transform my health. As I have noted in many recent posts I know feel better than I ever have before! It is more than two weeks after the Winter Solstice now. The days are growing longer now. And having gone through a period of intense cold weather it now seems fairly probable that the worst cold of the winter is now behind us. Spring will come one day. I sense this will be a special spring indeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!