Thursday, July 17, 2014

Here's Hoping

Thursday, July 17, 2014


I sure hope I will soon be able to breathe new life and direction into my career.  It's quite obviously the next step in my recovery process.  I try not to allow my mind to wander too much because when it does I am apt to start ruminating a bit too much on how I have looked for a 'real' job for three years to no avail.  I don't believe it is anything in particular that I am doing wrong that has contributed to my difficulty in finding work that sustains me both financially and otherwise.  But perhaps I will get more good feedback in the coming weeks.

This week I began browsing around in the hope of finding a local organization that can provide me some vocational rehabilitation services.  I was recently determined to be eligible for such services; I met with my vocational rehabilitation counselor last week and was provided a listing of organizations I can be referred to.  I simply have to learn more about them and choose which organization I wish to partner with.

I want to believe that a new, more exciting and more fulfilling chapter of my life is about to begin.  I certainly feel as if I have worked very hard to achieve something more with my career than I have thus far created since completing graduate school three years ago.  I never quite imagined my life would look like this...that I would find myself enmeshed in so many difficulties for so long.  I'd like to believe that the worst is finally over now.  I have often felt the amount of effort I have put into my job search has not been commensurate with the results I have thus far obtained.  Perhaps that will soon finally change.

I have enjoyed writing my blog quite a bit this last year.  I intend to continue writing it though I suspect it might begin to morph into something a bit more expansive in the next year.  I would like writing to be something I do more of in my future work.

I am committed to making my future better than my past.

Here is hoping...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!