Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Foothold


Thursday, July 31, 2014


With the calendar turning over to August tomorrow I think it only natural that a person living in Minnesota begin to think of the coming autumn…and the next inevitable winter. 

Life here in the North has such a distinctly different quality as compared to where I grew up.  The months have different meanings…partly due to the fact that the climates are so different.  Growing up I tended to dread August because the heat of summer, which normally had gone on for two solid months by that point, usually showed no signs of abating.  Yet living here in Minnesota I find myself actually wanting the month of August to pass very slowly.  Here we don’t have dozens and dozens of days over 95F.

Today I again felt what seems to be a growing quality of inner calm.  I see and feel myself moving in the direction of overcoming the immense pain of my earliest years of life.  It certainly has often been an arduous process thus far but I feel I may finally be finding something crucial…namely a foothold in my better future life.  Patience and diligence have their rewards and I believe I will soon be reading the rewards of my own due diligence.

I had the pleasure of having a good interview today.  The position I interviewed for would be with the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation.  I spoke with an HR generalist about the position today.  Despite the fact that I am a somewhat unusual candidate for the position (due partly to the fact that I am overqualified in some respects) I have a good feeling I have a real chance at getting the Research Associate position I applied for.  And even if I am not ultimately selected I still have another option that I can likely take instead.

In the journey of life it is very wise to have a Plan B…and Plan C.  And I am glad I am taking Vitamin D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!