Sunday, May 18, 2014

When Dreams Collide, Part I

Sunday, May 18, 2014


I went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts today to enjoy the final day of the Matisse exhibit.  I scored a ticket as an unexpected delight while working on behalf of the Allina Health Hospice Foundation these past seven weeks.  It was nice to give myself a break from the gradually building number of commitments I have in my schedule.

As I just remarked on my Facebook page it seems as if my life has thus far been fated to be marked by periods of calm predictability occasionally punctuated by periods in which so much seems to change all at once.  The period I am entering now seems to be another time pregnant with the potential for significant change.  And it makes sense in a way considering that a major change in the world of astrology is about to occur.  Mars is about to shift out of the retrograde phase it has been in since March.

Last week I unexpectedly learned of an opportunity within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.  I was interested in launching a career within the organization once I completed my studies in California back in 2011.  But my determination did not immediately pay off.  Despite volunteering my time for the NOAA Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary and later working as an intern at the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries in Silver Spring, Maryland I never found a way into the organization in a paying capacity.  Perhaps my ship will now finally come in three years after I finished school.  It seems as if it has been an eternity since May, 2011.

I feel as if different dreams I have held for myself at different moments in my life are suddenly vying for my attention.  Once I went back to the realm of paying work in March of this year I decided to focus primarily on moving in the direction of healthcare.  I have been especially interested in issues that are found at the intersection of environmental policy and public health.  I now have myself planted on a path in this new direction.  And I could go in a number of directions.  I feel a bit befuddled at the moment.  There are so many factors to consider in the decisions I will be making in the next few weeks and months.

And here I was planning to take a break from writing during the month of May...

Ha ha.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!