Sunday, May 25, 2014

Looking Back One Year Ago: May 25, 2013

Sunday, May 25, 2014



Day 13, Part I (and maybe the only part...as I want to chill today...though I have been doing that a lot lately!)

The following are pieces from a letter I sent to my mentor Apela Colorado that I feel relevant for other friends on Facebook to see. I love my country of birth.....the United States of America...very much...but lately I wonder where are nation is going. Nations that sell their souls to corporations who have no interest in the health and wealth of said nations seem to be nations destined to endure a dark night of the soul. I would prefer to live in a nation where our food security is not at risk of being compromised by a corporation like Monsanto. I suppose I am going on record publicly by stating this here...and perhaps Monsanto has their own version of police to harass people...but I will share nonetheless.



I am on my way to Stralsund, Germany as I write this. Stralsund is in the far northeast of Germany in the vicinity of the Baltic Coast. I have my next consultation visit with members of the Vilm field office of the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation on Monday. I am scheduled to travel to Berlin on Tuesday…I will be there until Saturday, June 1st when I travel back to the United States.

...

As I intuitively suspected when I agreed to undertake this trip with the support of the American Council on Germany I have been experiencing a profound shift in my perspective. I have acknowledged to my ancestors that I am open to the idea of living and working in Germany should a suitable opportunity present itself. I have a feeling something huge is going to come soon…and my intuition is rarely wrong.

...

Two years ago in May, 2011 when visiting Maui I opened the Maui Times that Sunday morning and saw an article about the Nazi legacy in Germany. My intuition told me that to come to Hawaii again I must first come to Germany and confront the German shadow. I am doing that now…and I feel I will reap great rewards for my courage.

There is indeed a part of me that really does not want to return to America. I am growing very concerned about what I am learning about Monsanto, about the Obama administration’s apparent protection of this company (i.e. legislation passed by Congress that included a rider that protects Monsanto)…and about this class of pesticides that is believed to be responsible for the worldwide collapse of the bee population. I shared a link on my Facebook page regarding this issue. I have also done a bit of background reading on Monsanto in Hawaii. I wonder if there is more to the story that the public does not know.

Apparently Vladimir Putin was so incensed by the United States’ conduct regarding Monsanto that he initially refused to meet with Secretary of State John Kerry. Can you imagine our global food supply being undermined by our inadvertent destruction of the planet’s bee population? It’s very surreal. Rachel Carson published Silent Spring some fifty years ago…yet we humans do not seem to be learning much of anything from our mistakes. I hope we will evolve…species that make poor choices often lose out in natural selection!

...

There is so much more I could write about insights I have had about my family. I will save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!