Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Great Unwinding

Sunday, May 11, 2014


After months of dedication it appears I will soon finally be able to overcome the full consequences of what seemed to be one simple, well-made decision I made in the early part of last year.  I am finally working again.  I should soon be working on a full-time basis...probably by the beginning of June.  This will hopefully help me to finally emerge from being at immense risk of destitution.  I hope this new beginning is truly the beginning of my climb towards a life truly commensurate with my skills and character.  I feel as if I have lived in an abyss for years.  When I began this blog last year I wrote each day in the hope that writing would help me to recover.  I began sharing my writings publicly because I hoped to inspire others who might also find themselves in similarly trying scenarios.

I have an appointment tomorrow to engage in mediation with representatives of an organization which I have written about elsewhere in this blog.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of the requests made of me in this mediation session is to remove all content from my blog that makes reference to the dispute I have with this organization that began last June.  I would have to give such a request some thought if it is made of me.  One reason I would hesitate to do so is that I intend this blog to be something of a historical record of all the aspects of my life as they evolved as I was journeying through the process of healing.  To discount the burden of stress directly attributable to this dispute would be to downplay what I have faced.  For anyone curious about the outcome of this mediation I will refrain from sharing any details (if I ultimately do share anything) until after June 1st.  As I have noted recently I will be taking a hiatus from blog writing starting Tuesday, May 13th.  Instead,  I will share the writings from my journey to Germany last May.  My trip began last year on May 13th.

This May 13th will also be noteworthy because I will meet with my Vocational Rehabilitation counselor at the North Minneapolis Workforce Center.  I'm finally ready to get on the road to refashioning my career.

I might occasionally share some details on what is happening in my life currently between May 13th and June 1st.  Regardless of what happens you can expect to see new content appear once I resume writing on June 1, 2014.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!