Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Looking Back One Year Ago: May 21, 2013

Wednesday, May 21, 2014


My writing from one year ago...



Day 9 - Man muss wissen woher man kommt.


One car ride, three train rides, one taxi ride, one ferry ride and much walking later...whew...bin ich endlich in Helgoland. It sure is fun to mix languages together!

I departed Borken this morning with the generous assistance of my aunt's cousin's husband, Friedl, a man I had previously never met...unless I remember incorrectly. He is in his 80s and was nonetheless generous enough to wake up early and pick me up at 0530 am. I would like to be that type of person when I am in my 80s. As for now I want to close out my 30s by putting my life completely in order. It is time that I do so...and I certainly am working to do so.

While visiting Borken I conducted a ritual to honor my mother's family lineage...a family I knew much less about in comparison to my father's side. I learned much about my mother's family, and about myself, in the last few days. Indeed, yesterday I returned to my aunt's house and felt my head was positively full of information. It was a bit overwhelming I must say.

As Pema Choedroen has noted in her books...there is a certain wisdom in allowing your life that no longer serves you to fall apart and slough away. There are times in life when we need to experience a rebirth in every way that one can understand that term. I feel that I am going through this now.

Helgoland is beautiful...and foggy. And on my way on the ferry my heart skipped a few beats...due to some fun surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!