Friday, December 27, 2013

Such An Amazing Feeling

Friday, December 27, 2013


I had my physical fitness reassessed here at the downtown branch of the Minneapolis YMCA this morning.  I managed to hold myself in a plank position for over four minutes before collapsing onto the floor.  I completed different tests to assess my cardiovascular health, muscular health and flexibility.  I have no doubt that I can continue to improve my physical fitness.  This is one of my primary goals in the coming year.

Yet overall I believe I can truthfully say I have never been as healthy as I am right now.  I have felt this way for a few weeks now.  Leaving behind a life with a dysfunctional landlord whose behavior is ethically questionable at best was certainly a healthy choice to make.  Now I am confronted with what I feel I ought to do with some additional information I learned this past Monday.  I am still reflecting on what I learned and what I feel it is wise and ethical to do about it.  I plan to disclose more about this later on here on my blog.

The days are growing incrementally longer now (not enough to even be noticeable quite yet though) and knowing this is providing me some great encouragement to keep steady on my course of healing.  I have been committed to the process for a sufficiently long enough time that the process now seems to have its own momentum.  I have broken out of the vicious cycle I was in for some time and am now moving forward into a future I believe will be truly awesome!

In the coming days I will be doing some more extensive writing as I address some major issues I have been focusing on in my work with my therapist.  As the new year begins I intend to free myself from some seriously immense baggage and decisively move onwards.  To further support my own process I will be attending a grief group tomorrow morning.  I hope it will provide me some additional needed resources.

I wake up lately and still find it a wondrous and strange feeling to be so present in my body.  With each day that passes my experience of this way of being is becoming more and more familiar and comfortable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!