Saturday, February 22, 2014

Two Feet

Saturday, February 22, 2014


Two feet.  That is how much snow is now on the ground in the Twin Cities area.  I found this figure on the Twin Cities National Weather Service website.  I previously had been praying for a spring that comes soon and does not resemble the one we had last year.  Now it's probably best the spring come on slowly; a flash spring with sudden warm temperatures could cause such sudden melting of the snowpack that serious flooding could result.

I completed a half-day in listening training at the Basilica of St. Mary today.  I enjoyed the course and look forward to completing the formal training portion next Saturday.  I found myself a bit tired at the end of the training.  It's actually more of a weariness I feel today.  I am weary of winter.  At least the days continue to lengthen.  It's 6 p.m. now and light still fills the sky.

I feel as if I have hit a bit of a dry, cold spell in my writing as well.  Maybe I need to take a break sooner rather than later.  Perhaps my grief is beckoning me inward to engage in a period of deeper contemplation and reflection.  In practicing my own self-care it is wise to attend to cues such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!