Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Eight Months Later

Tuesday, February 25, 2014


Today marks exactly eight months since I was unexpectedly diagnosed with PTSD.  And it's been essentially a full month since I was deemed to be sub-clinical for the disorder.  Considering what an incredible b**** of a winter it has been I must say I am quite impressed with the speedy recovery I have made.  When we squarely focus our minds on a goal it is truly amazing what we can accomplish.  And it seems to me it's not necessarily accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves that can be difficult but rather not allowing the inevitable obstacles that arise to derail us from our commitment.

We're about to go into the deep freeze...yet again.  Again!  Here I had been consoling myself with the thought of March coming.  And yes, March is nearly here.  But it seems winter is going to relinquish its grip only very slowly this year.  And as I wrote recently it now seems best that we have a gentle, slow spring.  Suddenly melting two feet of snow would not be a very good thing.

Next week marks the beginning of Lent.  I can hardly believe myself as I type this but I am actually going to 'give up something' for Lent.  It doesn't seem possible that I would even be willing to acknowledge the season of Lent.  What am I now?  I'm not really a Christian.  I'm not an atheist.  I'm not just a pagan.  I really don't know fully what I am.  But I do know I am willing to give up something I don't want to participate in.  I want to give up limited thinking.  I want to give up thinking inside the box.  I want to start believing that anything really is possible in my life...despite all the challenges, complications, obstacles, setbacks, suffering, confusion, hardship, cruelty, indifference and abuse I have experienced in my life thus far.  Despite all the pain I have gone through I now find myself approaching that magical threshold of rebirth...also known as Spring.  It's coming.  The power of the Sun will not be denied.

The time has come for me to take a bit of a break from writing this blog.  I have a promising interview scheduled for tomorrow.  I might finally be working as soon as next Monday.  I need a break from my writing process.  I need some time to pass so the font of creativity can refill inside me.  I also need to refocus my energy on preparing to move forward in these other aspects of my life.

I plan for tomorrow to be my last day of writing in my blog until next Monday, March 3rd.  I hope to return to my writing refreshed and renewed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!