Friday, February 7, 2014

My Final "Free" Friday?

Friday, February 7, 2014



Yesterday was a day full of positive developments.  I have a promising job prospect that I hope to interview for next week.  I might be working again as soon as next Wednesday.  And the opportunity could be a foot in the door that could ultimately lead to the career path that I would now prefer to be journeying down.  Life is good!

I also followed up with a contact I have at the south Minneapolis Workforce Center.  I spoke to her about my blog and even offered to give a presentation regarding mental health and employment.  It was gratifying to be able to check back in with someone I met months ago and share how much progress I have made.

I also met with my chiropractor for the final 'regularly scheduled' appointment.  I now have been released from ongoing care and will go in on an as needed basis.  All the exercise I engaged in to strengthen my core has provided me a great return in the improvement of my health.  I have worked hard and now the benefits are finally beginning to accrue.

The weather remains cold (duh!) but at least it's sunny.  And the length of each day is becoming noticeably longer now.  There is still a bit of light in the sky at 6 p.m.  I don't feel weary of winter all the time but I can say there are days when I have felt weary of how much slogging has been required to escape the virtual quagmire I found myself in last summer.

I took a two hour long nap this afternoon.  I find myself continually facing that challenge of knowing when to work hard and when to rest.  When you have a deep feeling of having missed out on so much there is out in the world to experience it can be easy to fall into the trap of overcompensating or making up for lost time.  At least I have felt that way.

Tomorrow I will be attending a class focused on listening skills.  The class is offered at the Basilica of St. Mary.  I look forward to continuing to enhance this skill as it is vital for doing anything substantial in the realm of storytelling.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!