Friday, February 21, 2014

Stasis

Friday, February 21, 2014


For the first time in a very long time I am writing my daily entry shortly before the day formally ends in my own time zone.  I'm going to take a little vacation from blog writing in March at some point.  I enjoy writing each day but I think taking a brief step away from the keyboard will help my font of creativity to refill a bit.

What can I say but that today was a bit frustrating.  My forward progress seems as frozen as the landscape outdoors.  We had the biggest snowstorm of the winter season yesterday.  And now we have two feet of snow on the ground.  Sigh.  And more potentially record cold may arrive next week...just in time for March to begin.  Seriously, I am trying to keep a glowing smile on my face but it is quite a challenge lately.  I simply did not want to walk outside this morning and shovel.  But I did.  I want Spring!  Ugh.

None of my efforts to achieve most anything in a timely way have produced results throughout this week.  I have managed to maintain my dedication to my gym regimen.  And I continue to follow my other healthy daily habits.  And yet I still feel like I am marching in place and am hemmed in all around by snowbanks.


Tomorrow morning I will attend my next Listening training of the Befriender Ministry at the Basilica of St. Mary.  I have no idea where this will ultimately lead me but then again I don't know where my whole life is going at the moment.  In the last week I feel as if I am being brought to my knees in some sort of surrender.  I need some form of grace or aid above and beyond what seems to be unfolding in my life now.  I decided to take this training in part as a way of giving a gift to myself to continue to reestablish a healthy balance between my own self-care and the kindness I show to others.

One day the snow will melt and the season will truly turn.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!