Wednesday, February 26, 2014

One Hundred Days of Silence

Wednesday, February 26, 2014


The strength of the sun is becoming so much greater here on the ground in Minnesota.  And yet it is doing almost nothing to melt off our white wonderland.  It's still cold!

While out and about today I noticed the sounds and motion of many trees caught in the bitter winds.  I noticed the emptiness of the trees.  And I tried to recall the last time I had heard the wind playing upon leaf bedecked branches.  It's been a while.  It's been something like one hundred days now.  The trees make a different symphony of sound in winter; it's a collection of pieces I am ready to see pass away now.

The best news of my entire day is that it appears I will finally begin working again no later than March 10th.  It's not an exciting job I have agreed to take on but it is something to move me in a better direction.  I am, however, excited by the connections I may be able to make through this opportunity.  Brighter days are coming to me both literally and metaphorically.

I am going to take a break from my blog writing through this Sunday.  I plan to return to writing next Monday, March 3rd.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!