Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another Challenge

Tuesday, February 18, 2014


So yesterday I managed to reclaim a majority of my possessions from my now-former housemate.  It was a weird experience.  I called the Minneapolis Police Department to request the police be present when I attempted to reclaim my possessions.  Upon their arrival I walked up the front sidewalk and knocked on the door.  Amazingly enough Michelle was home.  And one of the first statements out of her mouth was a lie.

It's a bit creepy but in some way it does feel like my life journey is mirroring that of my father's during the time I was growing up at home.  As I believe I noted in posts from last year, my stepmother was never prosecuted for her attempted murder of my father in part because she told the police my dad had been throwing knives at her.  To my knowledge it was a lie.  And people will lie as a means of covering up their own less than ethical behavior.  I've tried to rise above the legacy of my father's own poor life choices and behavior.  And I essentially have.  But yesterday was a stark reminder that I can control little in the world beyond my own immediate life.  People will do all sorts of things to avoid taking responsibility for their own part in unfortunate misunderstandings and endings of relationships.

This current needless debacle has been yet another challenging speed-bump in my recovery process.  I am grateful simply that none of my personal belongings were destroyed or damaged.  I had my parents' wedding album in Michelle's home.  This is irreplaceable.  I am happy I was able to retrieve it in the same condition as it was the last time I saw it.

I have also given up another friendship as a means of separating myself from the unfortunate messy scenario that evolved in the last week.  This is painful for me.  I have walked away from this friendship because the person in question was a mutual friend to me and Michelle.  Given Michelle's apparent capacity for telling lies I don't want to be around people who consider her a friend.


I have to admit that it is very strange to me that the same issues keep playing out.  I don't understand what I can do differently to prevent a repeat of this unfortunate experience of needless eviction.  Thankfully I have some good, loyal friends who are assisting me in what ways they can.

I now have no unemployment benefits, no paying work, no stable home and essentially almost no money at the moment.  I'm apparently back to square one.  But I won't give up on myself.  I have fought too hard and long.  And despite these apparent horrible circumstances my health is nonetheless the best it has ever been.  And I have this outlet to share my story and find some relief from stress.  Onward and upward I say.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!