Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Don't Ever Give Up

Wednesday, February 4, 2015


I experienced a serious setback to my motivation to keep trying to improve my life last month. Lately it feels like a Herculean task to do anything above the basic daily activities of sleeping, eating, bathing and breathing.  I just want to give up on my efforts to move forward in my life.

As with many days recently I am choosing not to give up.  I will keep the promise I made to myself to show up for the appointments I have today.  I feel little enthusiasm to do so.  But sometimes life feels like a drudgery and we still need to show up for life anyway.

......

I had a productive session with my therapist this evening.  I spoke about my current priorities and needs.  I recently wrote them down.  I need:

  • More healthy men in my life…for friendship as well as deeper intimacy
  • An opportunity to apply my skills in a context I will find meaningful
  • A real financial future
  • Opportunities to have fun
  • Health insurance that will provide me some measure of peace of mind
How I will fulfill these and other needs remains to be seen.

As for today I am pleased with the progress I have made thus far.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!