Friday, January 23, 2015

This Winter Has Been Easier


Friday, January 23, 2015


It is obvious that the days are starting to lengthen now.  We are now a full month of time past the winter solstice here in the Northern Hemisphere.  The sun has entered the sign of Aquarius.  I do not feel anywhere near as weary of winter as I did this time last year.  All the Vitamin D, exercise, psychotherapy and other healthy practices have made a real dent in the burden of unhealed pain I was carrying around.

I can now somehow sense the metaphorical light at the end of my journey of healing.  I don’t feel it would be a good idea to stop going to therapy this calendar year but I do feel that one day in the not too distant future I will be able to start more concretely imagining when that date might actually fall in a real calendar.  As for now I am working to do better at befriending my grief and sadness.  It hasn’t been easy.  But it is necessary for my own deeper healing.

Next week will feature an important milestone in my journey.  I’ll finally have been undiagnosable (ergo subclinical) for PTSD for a full year of time.  So I will be entering my second year of walking around the planet in a fairly healthy state of being.  I believe it’s going to be much easier than the first year was.

I have been toying with the idea of another commitment I could make for myself that would be supportive of my healing process.  Considering how much sadness and grief I had been carrying around for so long I feel it could be wise to cut out sad and heavy media (movies, news and so on) for a period of time.  I was overloaded with sadness for such a long while.  I deserve to have a real break from all of that heaviness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!