Monday, September 1, 2014

The Value of Recreation


Monday, September 1, 2014


This past weekend was such a blessing.  Never underestimate the power of recreation and relaxation to rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit.  I had the pleasure of spending the long weekend at the lakeside house of a friend who has a second home near Fergus Falls, Minnesota. 

It seems a bit strange that summer is already coming to an end.  To live in Minnesota is to develop a deep appreciation for the season of Summer.  The power of the north wind reigns for such a large portion of the year.  After last winter I have a newfound appreciation for the beauty of greenery and warmth that allows you to luxuriate outside.

I had a vivid dream on Saturday night.  I woke up in the middle of the night.  Rather than write down what I could recall I tried to find a different place to sleep.  I’ve had some discomfort with my left shoulder and side lately.  I’m going to need to do some additional physical therapy to address the problem.  I think a more integrated approach to my persistent shoulder problem would be wise.  I also feel it would be wise to pay more conscious attention to my dreams.  If I could remember them more easily I might make more forward progress in my journey of restoring my health.  My education under the direction of Dr. Pamela Colorado as a student of Naropa University thoroughly convinced me of the immense value of paying attention to my dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!