Thursday, September 25, 2014

Why I Write My Blog


Thursday, September 25, 2014


The fifteen month anniversary of my blog is approaching.  When I began writing this blog in July, 2013 I set myself a challenge that, at the time, I thought would be quite immense.  I challenged myself to write virtually every day.  Though I do take Sundays off from my writing on occasion and I do also occasionally take a different day of the week off here and there I am proud to say I have nonetheless consistently risen to the challenge I set myself last year. 

Earlier this year I began to own my identity as a writer.  Prior to my creation of this blog I had kept a journal off and on over the course of somewhere between fifteen and twenty years.  Despite such relative dedication to setting pen to paper or, in its more recent incarnation, fingers to keyboard, I never allowed myself to claim an identity as a writer.  I suppose this was due in part to my feeling that it isn’t possible to make a ‘real’ living as a writer.  And I am still not technically really earning any money from my blog.  I can nonetheless imagine a day in the future when this will change.  My blog may have earned me no money but it is opening doors of opportunity and helping me to regularly engage in another activity that I want to be a core part of my future work life.  This blog is helping me to build and cultivate relationships.  I want my future work to include a focus on relationship building.

When I first began writing this blog I set myself the important task of defining what the objective of my blog is.  This blog documents my personal journey of healing from trauma.  I welcome you to follow my documentary of my own healing journey.  I write this blog to:

  • Provide a venue for me to express my thoughts, feelings, experiences and ideas.
  • Facilitate dialogue and supportive interactions among those seeking resources for their own personal healing.
  • Inspire people to deeply understand they are not alone.
  • Provide a sample of my written work to those who wish to read it.  In providing an evolving writing sample I intend to document my capacity for productivity as I simultaneously work to create a new career path for myself.


I am excited about the future possibilities of my life and how this blog may play a role in what opens to me in the future.  Who knows what doors it may open and where it may ultimately lead me.

If you are seeking an outlet for fun, healing or to make new connections with others consider the power of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!