Friday, September 26, 2014

A Fifty Day Challenge

Friday, September 26, 2014


Nearly two weeks ago I announced my intention to compete in a local leather title contest.  The formal title that will be granted to the winner of the competition is 'Mister Minneapolis Eagle'.  I competed last year and had an amazing time.  I didn't win the title but I felt that I came away a winner.  Any time you express your authentic self you are quite likely being a healthy person.  I say 'quite likely' because there is a time and place for everything.  In some settings expressing your authentic self can be answered with abuse, retribution, death threats or even worse.  Such has been the experience of many minority groups for years, decades and centuries.

I just wrote an announcement on the Facebook page associated with the contest weekend that I am engaging in a Fifty Day Challenge.  The contest weekend is now fifty days away.  As a means of preparing myself I am going to reference at least one healthy thing I do each of the next fifty days.  I will document my healthy activities at the end of each blog piece I write.  And by the time the contest weekend arrives I will have written five hundred entries in my blog!


Fifty Day Challenge, Day #1

Here are the healthy activities I have engaged in today:

  • I met with my personal trainer at the YMCA for a thirty minute training session.
  • I ate a healthy breakfast.
  • I spoke with friends via social media.
  • I took a moment to enjoy how the sunlight is falling on the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!