Saturday, August 2, 2014

Some Tips For Life


Saturday, August 2, 2014


The following is the content of an article I found several months ago.  If I could remember the source I would provide it here; I have strong feelings about plagiarism.  If I do find the source I will make the attribution later.  

This is sage wisdom!


10 Habits to Quit to Be Happy
  • Quit procrastinating on your goals
  • Quit blaming others and making excuses
  • Quit trying to avoid change
  • Quit trying to control the uncontrollable
  • Quit talking down to yourself
  • Quit criticizing others
  • Quit running from your problems and fears
  • Quit living in another time and place
  • Quit trying to be someone you are not
  • Quit being ungrateful


 Here are some positive ways to frame or reframe your current life reality.

“Now is a perfect time to start” (“It’s too late for me”)
“I need to properly manage my time” (“I don’t have time”)
“I’m in charge of writing my own story”
“I have plenty of good options in front of me”
“I am a priority”
“I need to communicate clearly and act accordingly”
“I care about this because it’s important”
“It’s time to practice”
“I am now in full control of my own life”
“I have relationship fears I need to face”
“Now is as good as it gets”
“I am ready to do the work”
“I will not judge someone based on the behavior of someone else”
“I am going to create my own luck”
“I’m as ready now as I’ll ever be”
“Through my unique lens I can add tremendous value”
“I’m prepared to fail forward and learn as I go”
“This fear I’m feeling means I’m human”
“I’m only in competition with myself”
“I can and I am starting now”


  • Your health is your life.
  • Live below your means.
  • Organize your living space and work space.
  • Get rid of stuff you don’t use.
  • Pay your bills on time.
  • Always be honest.
  • Finish one project before you start another.
  • Be yourself.
  • Consider buying and cooking food in bulk.
  • Smile often.
  • If you hate doing it, stop doing it.
  • Write things down.
  • Be curious.
  • Explore new ideas and opportunities often.
  • Exercise every day.
  • Let go of what you cannot change.
  • Set priorities for yourself and act accordingly.
  • This too shall pass.
  • Excel at what you do.
  • Realize that you’re never quite as right as you think you are.
  • It’s better to fail at something that interests you rather than to succeed at something that bores you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!