Friday, August 15, 2014

Say Hello...and Goodbye

Friday, August 15, 2014


Today was my last day working in my current position at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.  I have a second interview next Monday for a new position within the Abbott Northwestern Hospital Foundation.  I feel confident I will be offered the position because of my existing recent history working within the Allina Health system.

As I prepared to complete my last day at work and attend to the cleanup of my work space I could not help but reflect on beginnings and endings.  Temporary contractual assignments such as the one I worked the last two months certainly help me to meet my basic survival needs.  But I continue to struggle with believing that they will ever amount to much more than that.  I feel they enable me to continue my existence.  But I want to do much more than exist.  I want to thrive.  And I wonder when I will ultimately reach such a high quality of life.  When will I do much more than exist?

The chaotic circumstances of my early life history certainly made it challenging to establish a solid foundation for my adulthood.  And sometimes I feel I should have already been able to overcome the harm that history caused to me by this point in my life.  But here I am still in therapy.  The journey I have been on this last year has often been arduous.  That is the bad news.  The good news is that it is now behind me.

I am looking forward to having time off next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!