Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Importance of Good Decision Making Skills

Saturday, April 12, 2014


Our leap into warmer weather is taking a step back again.  This is typical of spring weather in Minnesota.  It's not snowing anymore but now we have a gray gloom that will be with us all day.

One of my immediate short term goals is to continue to improve my decision making skills.  This is another aspect of my life I want to enhance.  I wish I had received better mentoring in regards to this skill set from my own father.  But I need to let that go.  It's not going to happen.  I need to look to get my needs met elsewhere.  And there are plenty of resources out there that I can call upon to do that.

I tinkered with my resume again this morning.  Yes, I did that on a Saturday morning.  I want to have some good materials to work with when I go to the Vocational Rehabilitation services orientation next Wednesday.  I am proud of the professional achievements I have made thus far in my life.  I am not proud of the fact that I have little to show for it in terms of financial prosperity.  Thus I need to continue to focus on re-establishing balance in my life.

The journey of this last nine months has left me firmly determined to move in the direction of doing what I want to do for my profession.  It's best to keep an open mind and not be too rigid.  As long as I am moving in the right direction then I am making progress.

I went to the YMCA yesterday afternoon and did my routine of swimming and some boxing.  I haven't actually worked with a trainer to learn how to kick-box but it is another interest I have that I wish to pursue in the near future.  Sometimes just showing up and doing a very little bit of exercise is all I need to boost my mood.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!