Friday, April 4, 2014

The End of Winter Is Coming

Friday, April 4, 2014


Winter makes its home here in Minnesota for several months each year.  I think it safe to say many Minnesotans feel it has worn out its welcome this time around.  We have had over fifty days with morning temperatures below 0F.  There is a time and place for each season, for the different phases of life.  There is a time and place for grief, sorrow, joy, happiness, excitement and all the other experiences humans can have.  It's time for winter to leave.

Next week I am going to begin doing hypnosis work with my therapist as a means of accessing the grief I have carried regarding the loss of my mother.  It's time to put down the heavy yoke and be truly unburdened of the past.  I don't really feel any fear about the deeper process I am about to engage in as I trust my therapist and have been through some truly challenging times in my life (such as the last nine months).

Spring is a time for renewal and growth.  I would like to take full advantage of the coming change of season and exorcise my grief so I can truly blossom into a bigger, better, healthier man.  I am also wondering how my very brain is going to respond when the world begins to fill up with the color green.  I suspect it's going to be an amazing time in my life.  I suspect I will look back on this time years later and remember how truly transformative it was.

The many issues that have bedeviled me these past nine months are finally beginning to settle out.  I am finally working again and I am even doing something I vaguely like.  I continue to faithfully pursue my exercise regimen.  I continue to participate in a variety of events to sustain my social life.  I also am exploring my interest in leather and its connection to my Germanic cultural heritage.


Five Things I Am Grateful For

1) The end of my first week of work
2) My time exercising at the YMCA today
3) Lengthening days
4) Vitamin D
5) My social worker




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!