Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Such a Fool

Tuesday, April 1, 2014



I’ve seen only one person play an April Fool’s joke today.  I suppose it is a good reminder that it is indeed April now.  And winter simply wants to hang on like the house guest who has worn out his welcome and doesn’t understand increasingly blunt hints that it is time to go.  But eventually the cycle of seasons must turn.

I am enjoying the gift of being able to work part time right now.  It allows me the opportunity to ease back into the realm of working.  I still spend a lot of time coordinating my care between my primary care physician, my therapist, my acupuncturist, my chiropractor, my job coach and my social worker.  Yes, indeed, I have assembled an entire care team to help me build a new life.  And what a process it has been.

When I began this blog I had the intention of writing it for several purposes.  One purpose was to inspire others who might feel alone and isolated in their suffering as they make the voyage of recovery.  Trauma can be a very debilitating experience; recovering from trauma can be demanding in a different way.  You can never have too many friends who care about you.

With the beginning of a new month I am implementing a new feature in my daily writing.  I am going to highlight five aspects of my day I am grateful for.  Focusing on that which is wonderful in your life is an awesome way to distract yourself from negative thoughts.  Whatever you focus your attention on will grow…so it’s a most healthy practice to focus on the positive.

What I am grateful for today:

Sunshine
The appearance of grass that is actually colored green
The gift of a reliable therapist
The hot chocolate I had this morning
My immune system

What are you grateful for today?


I eventually see this blog morphing into something else.  What that will be I am not sure yet.  I am confident the passage of time will bring me clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!