Friday, April 25, 2014

Finding My Way

Friday, April 25, 2014


The monochromatic realm of whites, browns and grays is finally being replaced by that wondrous color green.  I don't think I have ever so eagerly looked at the trees for signs of their opening buds as I have this year.  And yet even now Lake Superior is still more than half-covered with ice...and May is only a week away.  We're definitely easing into Spring this year.

I am finally healthy enough that I do not even see a chiropractor on a regularly scheduled basis anymore.  I only go as needed now.  My calendar is starting to lighten up now; the only regular appointments I currently have scheduled are with my therapist and acupuncturist.

Now that I am working again, my health is continuing to improve, the seasons have changed and I have set other health related goals it's time to focus on another important piece of my recovery puzzle.  It's time to resurrect my financial health as well.  Looking from the outside in it would appear I made no progress whatsoever in the last year in regards to my financial health.  But such an impression would be incorrect.  Why?  Your health is the most precious wealth you can have.  An extremely wealthy man and an extremely poor man (monetary wealth) may both easily die from the same terminal illness.  Naturally wealth can help a person to purchase a much needed treatment or experimental drug that might be outside the financial grasp of a poor person.  Yet regardless of our socioeconomic status we all  have corruptible bodies subject to injury, permanent damage and death.

My bank statement doesn't look much more impressive than it did this time last year.  But my health is so much better than it was a year ago.  I am thus in a better position now to earn a good income now that my health is not a serious factor that could hinder my ability to work.  This is huge progress!

The quality of your life really can change for the better if you commit to taking the actions necessary to make a good life for yourself.  It really is possible.  And it is possible to recover from really severe trauma.  I am living proof of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!