Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Fun Interlude


Wednesday, April 16, 2014


Yesterday, after a full day of work in St. Paul, I went to see my therapist.  We again did some hypnosis work.  And the initial end result of the session was fairly enjoyable.

I visualized sitting on my mother’s lap as a small child.  She herself was sitting in a rocking chair.  She held a box in her hands before me and opened it up.  This beautiful golden light emanated from the box and bathed our faces in a warm glow.  The light symbolized the gifts of my mother’s family heritage.  Basking in the light was a way for me to inherit these gifts and allow them to come alive in me.  I have some sense of the talents passed down to me through the DNA of my mother’s ancestral line.  I hope the work of hypnosis as well as everything else I am doing to move forward will one day help me to realize my biggest dreams.

As for now we are still in the gloom of Sprinter (Spring-Winter).  It’s forecast to rain and snow later today and tonight.  Wouldn’t you know the first two springs I live in Minnesota ultimately have been sub-par springs in which the cold weather just hangs on relentlessly despite the rapidly lengthening days.  Okay, I’ll stop complaining now.  It’s a good thing I take a vitamin D supplement.  I have no plans to get off of it unless my physician requires me to!

Speaking of Vitamin D and sunlight I have an interesting job opportunity to interview for tomorrow.  My friend Chantelle (I met her several years ago while I was a student in California) referred me to a friend who is currently looking to hire for a position at a lodge in Alaska.  I have always wanted to see Alaska…and summer is the ideal time to be there…unless you enjoy winter sports.

I feel as if my progress forward in my healing process is resuming some of its momentum.  Regularly working again is a big help in my journey.  But I certainly consider writing every day to be work as well.  But this is a labor of love.  I write regardless of how I am feeling on any given day.  And the longer I remain faithful to the process of writing the more deeply I renew my faith in myself that I can indeed maintain a daily discipline of healthy activities despite whatever challenges may arise in the course of a day.

...

I went to the North Minneapolis Workforce Center this afternoon.  My purpose in going was to attend a Vocational Rehabilitation orientation session.  Upon leaving I felt a sense of inner calm and even hopefulness about what will be possible in my future.  We seem to be stuck in a reprise of winter yet again; it was snowing when I left the orientation.  Winter seems determined to hang on as fiercely as it did last year.  And yet the major difference is that this winter began in earnest in early December with snow and bitterly cold weather.  And then it just continued to be very cold.

Tomorrow will be my final day of work this week at the Allina Health Hospice Foundation.  The foundation's annual fundraiser is now only three weeks away.  I am excited!

Five Things I Am Grateful For

Skilled people who have assisted my in my recovery process
Longer days
Generous people
My resilience
The willingness of people to listen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!