Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Healing Power of...May

Saturday, May 9, 2015


May is one of my favorite times of year in the state of Minnesota.  Yes, it can still snow in the month of May here.  In fact it snowed in the Twin Cities two years ago.  It was my first May here.  I was not especially amused.  I am grateful that this spring has been the nicest of the three I have experienced here in Minnesota.

I was quite lazy today.  I did succeed at making it to the gym.  That was my big accomplishment of the day.  While outdoors I found myself appreciating the extensive green canopy that now adorns the trees. The season of monochromatic browns and whites (also known as winter) is finally behind.  My body feels softer when it is May.  I seem to even breathe a bit easier.  There are no bitter winds to tuck my head down and away from.

I still have my sadness.  But somehow the month of May makes most anything easier to endure.  May is the reward we can enjoy for living through December and January...and February.

I plan to completely transition off the SSRI (sertraline) I have been taking these last twenty-one months in less than sixty days.  By early July I will likely no longer be taking any medication whatsoever.

I am very grateful for the fruits of my attentiveness to my health.  There are some days when I feel like a new man.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!