Tuesday, December 2, 2014

And So Begins Meteorological Winter


Tuesday, December 2, 2014


It seems a bit strange to me that it’s December again…already.  Didn’t we just get done with winter?  But then I remind myself that I live in Minnesota.  But even for us Minnesotans (both natives as well as transplants) this winter began a bit early for the taste of many.

Despite the abrupt beginning of winter last month my mood remains fairly good.  I’ve been on a lower dosage of Zoloft for over ninety days now.  One of my many goals for 2015 is to get off Zoloft completely.  I believe this is a fairly realistic goal.  Barring any significant setbacks I believe I could manage a transition off the medication some time next summer.

I continue to seek out meaningful connections within the University of Minnesota community.  Those enjoyable moments when I make a genuine connection within a university system as large as what locals call ‘the U of M’ really brighten up my day.

My day at work yesterday was quite mellow.  This is not surprising for the Monday after Thanksgiving.  I know the office I work in will become much busier as we near the Christmas season and the beginning of the winter session of courses.

My feet finally feel as if they are beginning to mellow out a bit.  I’ve been taking meloxicam to treat some inflammation I experienced in my feet last month.  My prescription will not run out for another two weeks or so.

I’ve been contemplating the place that Hawaii has had in my life ever since I decided to apply to the Nancy Foster Scholarship Program.  I sometimes feel a bit pulled in a number of directions.  This is not surprising considering how much I have traveled throughout my life.

I don’t have any earth shaking news to share in my writing today.  My grief is still with me.  And so is my sadness.  But my joy is burning brightly as well.  I am planning to get myself a cat in time for Christmas.  I want someone to cuddle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!