Saturday, December 6, 2014

Rediscovering Christmas

Saturday, December 6, 2014


Working at Macys certainly has given me an interesting opportunity to rediscover Christmas.  

It's the first Saturday night of December and I'm not out visiting with friends or going to Christmas parties.  I would like to be doing that but instead I am conserving my energy in anticipation of a full and demanding week.  I will have a hearing on Tuesday morning to (hopefully) reach a final resolution in an employment matter from some seventeen months ago which I wasn't expecting to be confronted with yet again.  I will also have my standard weekly appointment with my therapist.  Next weekend I will be visiting Chicago and assisting a friend with a big event for the local leather community.

I suppose I am getting into the holiday spirit.  I intend to send out Christmas cards to my family in Germany.  And I intend to celebrate the Winter Solstice in my own special way.  I continue to focus on creating real balance in my life such that I take enough time for me and my own needs.  I managed to get some exercise in at the Y this morning before scuttling off to the Mall of America.

I don't find that I have anything amazingly profound to share in my blog lately.  And that is perfectly normal I suppose.  The healing process isn't always exciting and amazing.  There are often stretches in which the journey to a new life can seem and be exceedingly mundane.

I have my moments in which I feel genuine joy and hopefulness about the future of my life.  And yet the grief is still there.  I am still doing my own grieving as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!