Sunday, December 28, 2014

A New Year Is Approaching


Sunday, December 28, 2014


Now that Christmas is three days in the past I am turning my attention to what I wish to accomplish in the new year of 2015.  Some people have the mindset that making resolutions at the time of the new year is a good practice.  That can be true.  I myself believe you can make meaningful changes at any time of year.  True change is a matter of determination, focus and the application of useful resources.

Over the course of the remaining days of 2014 I will be spending some time contemplating what I wish to achieve in 2015.  I am determined to create some real change in my career life.  Creating such change may necessitate some big leaps of faith.  I will be exploring doctoral program options within the University of Hawaii system.  I also hope to follow up regarding my past interest in the Foxfire Institute based in Berlin, Germany.  I am not sure what is the best ultimate path for my future life.  I am open to a variety of possibilities.

The old grief from what did and did not happen in 2013 and 2014 is still there.  And yet I can feel my grief waning.  The darkness of my grief must ultimately pass; each new day gives us the chance to make a new beginning in our lives.  I intend to use the remaining time of my life in a good way.

I would like to feel I can ask my ancestors for help in the task of discerning my future life path.  But I feel alienated from some of them.  So I have recently changed the manner in which I pray and meditate.  I ask for help from whatever benevolent ancestors I have on the other side of the veil who are willing to listen.

I have a good feeling about 2015.  I believe it has the potential to be my best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!