Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Reach Your Potential


Wednesday, December 3, 2014


As I rode home last night in a cozy taxi cab I saw an ad on the small monitor attached to the seat in front of me.  The phrase ‘Reach your potential’ played across the screen.

The disintegration of my old life began eighteen months ago.  It seems a bit strange that it was such a short time ago and yet also so long ago.  I am a much, much healthier man now.  I still find myself caught up in some struggles.  But I would like to believe I am well on my way to a new and deeply rewarding life.

Yesterday was a full day in which I went to work, went to meet with a researcher at the University of Minnesota, visited my acupuncturist (for a much needed break from the world at large) and then, finally, went to a session with my therapist.  I felt fairly refreshed by the end of the day.  But I also felt a bit exhausted.

Now, as I recount yesterday on Wednesday evening, I find myself feeling tired once again.  I went to the YMCA for the first time in several weeks early this morning.  I had a great workout.  Then I went to work and had a number of appointments to attend thereafter.  And most recently I spent some time applying for a scholarship program I wasn’t even thinking about as recently as this past Saturday.

I think it will be easy to fall asleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!