Friday, November 21, 2014

An Attitude Adjustment

Friday, November 21, 2014


I found myself grousing quite a bit today.  And I realize I need to move beyond this recent tendency to complain a bit too much.  Yes, life hasn't been too easy lately.  I've been physically sick off and on for six weeks.  I failed to place first in a contest I competed in last weekend.  My current work life still doesn't overly inspire me.  I may never speak to my father or his siblings again.  But even given all these unfortunate things I still have a lot to be thankful for.

This isn't going to be a Thanksgiving focused post though I just wrote of the value of gratitude and being thankful.  Here is perhaps what I have to be most thankful for.  This will be my first Thanksgiving in which the trauma of my early life history is no longer unduly burdening me.  This is a huge milestone to celebrate.

I went to my primary care doctor today.  He gave me a course of antibiotics to treat what may be a secondary infection.  It's not clear whether what I have is viral or bacterial in nature.  I just hope the antibiotics work well.  I prefer antibiotics as a last course of action as some of them can be very rough on the human body.

I'm going to do my best to refocus my attitude over the course of the weekend.  Even though I don't much care for our very early start of winter weather I can refocus my mind on pleasing realities and imagery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!