Friday, October 25, 2013

Simplicity


Thursday, October 24, 2013



The stripping that deepens as autumn passes and winter approaches reflects a fundamental process occurring in my life now.  I am stripping out the redundant from my life and looking for that which still serves me.  I am looking within to identify my deepest wounding as the trees outside gradually lose their brilliance and increasingly reveal the barrenness one associates with winter.  In a few weeks there will be little evidence left of this past summer’s glory.  I feel a sigh within my soul.  ‘Next summer’ I tell myself.  Next summer will be one that I will deeply enjoy in a way I have not with the past three.  Yes, the past three!  I have spent much too much time on this dead end road.  It is time to turn in a new direction.

When the grass dies, the trees enter dormancy and all the lushness of summer fades there is a period of time here in the high northern latitudes when multiple hues of brown may predominate before the white blanket of winter arrives.  The stripping may expose other precious aspects of the world we can easily miss when they are covered by the growth of summer.  In a similar way, as I have been stripped down, I see the many gifts I still possess.  I appreciate my eyes in a way I have not for a very long time.

I wish to enjoy the gift of my vision more in the future.  I want to incorporate the beauty of the world into my future life work.  I want to introduce other people to the manifold beauty to be found in nature.  Having traveled to many parts of the planet as distant as Hawaii and Norway I know of the diverse beauty our world reveals to those who have eyes to see.

I also savor my healthy body with a depth of appreciation that I have not previously felt.  My dedication to restoring my physical health has produced some very satisfying results.  I am thankful to no longer be plagued with persistent low back pain.  Committing to a regular discipline of core strengthening has done wonders for my strength and sense of ease.  And it’s easier to address the roots of my PTSD now that I have resolved other issues.  I have been able to gradually clear off my plate of the many issues demanding my attention. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!