Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Beginning of Year Three

Thursday, June 25, 2015


I feel the inevitable reality of change in my life. Today marks an important day in my own personal development. Today is the two year anniversary of the day I received a diagnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. That June day of two years ago came as quite a surprise. I felt a mixture of many feelings on this day last year. I felt sadness and joy. And I also felt a bit sombre. This year is quite different. Like a major landmark that continues to recede into the distance as you drive along in a car the significance of that day two years ago feels much less weighty as compared to a year ago. Today feels almost a bit mundane actually.

My life is going to change quite a bit in the next month. I will soon have a new place to live as well as a new role as a member of AmeriCorps VISTA. I also will hopefully have a car in the near future. A lot of positive change is occurring in my life now.

I plan to continue writing my blog but I am growing increasingly bored with writing very much about the daily reality of my own life. I want to continue to be what I call a freelance trauma recovery advocate. But what I actually do in this self created role is changing.

I plan to continue to go to therapy in the coming months. But my focus has profoundly changed. I do not spend much time focusing on the pain of my past any more. I now focus almost entirely on creating a rewarding present and future.

If you have been one of my faithful blog readers I welcome you to stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!