Friday, June 5, 2015

An Awesome Surprise

Friday, June 5, 2015


So something happened yesterday that was unexpected. It brightened my day and thereby reduced the shadow of an especially painful memory.

Yesterday, June 4th, was the day of the calendar year I learned that my father had nearly been murdered. I could not remember the exact day my father nearly died until I researched the circumstances of this horrible time nearly two years ago in the summer of 2013. Even as recently as June 4th of last year I still carried some significant grief and anger regarding my father's poor choices that ultimately led to his near-murder. Going back to therapy required a steadfast dedication I initially did not want to make. But I resolved that my return to psychotherapy would be the last time I would still be carrying the burden of substantial unhealed childhood trauma.

When I awoke yesterday morning I felt a mixture of relief and sadness that June 4th had arrived again. I feel much better than I did a year ago. And I was much healthier a year ago than I was two years ago at this time in those first days immediately after my return from my trip to Germany.

I was contacted yesterday afternoon regarding a job opportunity. Now, only a day later, I have accepted an offer to assume this job. I will begin in late July. I will spare myself the task of sharing the details of the position today. I will do that in the near future.

As for now I am enjoying the pleasant temperature of an early June evening. My life seems to have never held as much promise as it appears to offer now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!