Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lambent Autumn Light

Saturday, October 11, 2014


This morning I went for a walk in Loring Park.  It's a beautiful park very close to downtown Minneapolis.  The park itself is one reason I moved to where I did.  I love the location!

Last night was a very chilly night.  I think we had our first 'official' frost here in the heart of the Twin Cities.  A number of the flowers were bedecked with frost.  I wanted to get out and enjoy the park's fading summer glory of flowers before the increasingly cold nights kill them off.  Though the days filled with sunshine are glorious to experience the ever lengthening shadows remind me that autumn will eventually give way to the hibernation and stillness of winter.  But Spring will return one day.  The cycle of life is always turning.

The beauty of this morning reminded me, yet again, of the gift of my clear vision.  I find myself so fascinated with the smallest of details in the world that meets my eyes.  The wonder and curiosity I frequently now feel is something like what you might expect a child to experience.  It's amazing to have this experience at the age of forty-one.


Post Script 

Fifty Day Challenge, Day #16

Healthy activities:

  • I went for a walk in my neighborhood park
  • I enjoyed some time in a local coffee shop




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!