Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A New Cycle Approaches


Tuesday, October 21, 2014


With summer long gone and winter not too far away I have found myself reflecting recently on the reality of cycles.  I find myself embarking on a new cycle in my own development.  This new cycle has been made possible by my willing plunge into the ‘adventure’ of psychotherapy last year.  I describe therapy as an adventure because we can become bigger, brighter, better versions of our true selves when we undertake the journey of self-inquiry.  The journey is not always an easy one but sometimes we may find ourselves feeling as if our lives literally depend on it.  And sometimes they do.

I am finally beginning to dig deep into the thick grief, pain and alienation I experienced as a child and yet was unable to fully express at the time.  It has been quite a process.  I thankfully feel myself well-equipped for the journey.  Just yesterday I recommitted to the work I have been doing.  I created a contract with my therapist during my session.

If you follow my blog with any regularity you will have noticed that I have referenced the realm of astrology in my writings.  I first began exploring it about thirteen years ago while living in California.  Astrology is an art based in part on the innumerable cycles of planetary motion about the sun.  These last two years I have experienced a particular type of Saturn transit.  The year of 2015 will usher in a new flavor as the focus of Saturn’s energy moves to my fifth house. 

The fifth house ‘rules’ the theme of play and recreation.  Given the fact that I experienced a deficit of light-hearted play as a child I am making fun and pleasure a central focus of my healing process.

……

Though summer ended some time ago the autumn we are enjoying in Minnesota has been stellar so far.  I cannot recall an autumn in which we eased into the cold season in such a gentle, easy way.


Post Script

Fifty Day Challenge, Day #26

  • I enjoyed the sunshine of an autumn day
  • I went for a walk





No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!