Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Beginning

Tuesday, July 2, 2013


A week ago I received a diagnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, known in shorthand as PTSD.
Given my knowledge of the symptoms associated with PTSD I am not surprised by the diagnosis.  According to the research I have done PTSD was originally created to describe a condition witnessed in soldiers returning from conflict.  Like many disorders the research data on PTSD has evolved over the years.

Any number of events may precipitate the development of PTSD in an individual.  Some events that may trigger the genesis of this disorder may include assault, the attempted murder of a family member or close friend, abduction and prolonged life in a war zone or any environment that would cause a high level of ongoing anxiety.

I am an intelligent person and can already see the roots from which my PTSD initially grew.

My intention in creating this blog is to document my personal journey of healing from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  I do not promise to necessarily stay focused within an especially narrow topic.  This blog is intended to serve as a venue in which I may express my own thoughts about my healing process as well as the world at large we experience each day here in the early years of the 21st century.
I welcome you to follow my documentary of my own healing journey.  This blog also has the following objectives:


+ Provide a venue for me to express my thoughts and feelings.
+ Facilitate dialogue and supportive interactions among those seeking healing.
+ Inspire people embarking on deep healing to know they are not alone.
+ Provide a sample of my written work to those who wish to read it.


At this time I am not open to receiving feedback of any sort that would be posted here on this site.  That may change in the future.

I welcome you along on the journey I am now embarking on.  I believe you will find me to be an articulate, thoughtful man who can offer wisdom, humor and hope.

Welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!