Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Perils Of Working Too Much

Sunday, November 22, 2015


I spent much of my weekend engaged in work. Yesterday I attended a leadership development program  I have been attending since late September. Today I made visits to two local Catholic parishes to promote the work of my current employer. I thus had to be up quite early on both days. I didn't have much of a chance to relax this weekend. I am therefore grateful that the forthcoming week will be an abbreviated one.

I don't feel that I am burning out again. But I do have a persistent awareness of both the risk of burnout as well as the signs that may begin appearing when a person is approaching a stage of burnout. The multi-faceted practice of self-care is vital for anyone engaged in one of the helping professions. Though my self care skills are still not as well developed as I would like them to be I nonetheless do feel good about the skills I am able to bring forth to direct my life.

When living an active life it is wise to be consistently mindful of what your priorities are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!