Monday, November 23, 2015

Illumination

Monday, November 23, 2015


I had a very enjoyable meeting this morning. My meeting was with a man who works for a company I am becoming increasingly interested in. What made the meeting all the more memorable was the fact that a certain song came over the speakers of the coffee bar we met at while we were still in 'meeting mode'. It was the song 'Breathe Me'. This song became a permanent part of my personal music favorites  after being featured in the finale of the television show Six Feet Under. The song coupled with the finale of this well received show has a way of making the most emotionally reserved of us human beings turn (at least briefly) into sobbing heaps. If there is one television show finale that powerfully captures the ephemeral quality of human existence it is the finale of Six Feet Under. I experienced what happened this morning as a powerful synchronicity.

I have long believed in the significant value of incidents of synchronicity. But what is a synchronicity? The term synchronicity was conceived by Carl Jung and can be described as "a significant coincidence of physical and psychological phenomena that are acausal connected." The worldview I apply to my daily life includes this particular instruction when a synchronicity occurs: Pay Attention! I found myself paying close attention when I became aware that the song 'Breathe Me' was playing during the particular meeting I had this morning. I took this meaningful coincidence as a sign that my crossing paths with this man could be the beginning of something profound in my life.

My day continued to feel exceedingly significant to my future life when I realized that this unexpected incident this morning happened on the anniversary of a session I did two years ago with a local shamanic practitioner. The day felt incredibly filled with both reminders of my past and hints of possibilities for my future.

It will soon be time for me to end my waking hours for this day. I will go to bed feeling excited about what I can manifest in my future life. I felt I had something of a breakthrough regarding the future possibilities open to me (and my openness to them) due to what happened this morning.

Life has an amazing way of leading us down paths we might never have imagined we would take.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!