Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Whoo Hoo!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013


My departure to the Minnesota Men's Conference is now just hours away.  And I am so excited to be traveling to a rural area to get away for a while.  I am also excited to attend an event where I hope to gain some renewed insight into how I can successfully address my current challenges and needs.  Despite all the support I am manifesting to help me through this major time of change I am still finding myself feeling quite overwhelmed on occasion.

Yesterday I went to see my primary care physician.  I was amazed that my blood pressure was the lowest it has been in quite some time.  Last month, during a visit to the Emergency Room, it was the highest ever recorded.  My health is most definitely improving.  I just need to continue on the course I am on.

One of the featured presenters at the Men's Conference is Francis Weller.  Weller is a psychotherapist and writer who specializes in the issue of grief.  What follows is taken directly from the Minnesota Men's Conference:

Francis Weller, MFT, is a psychotherapist, writer and soul activist. He is a master of synthesizing diverse streams of thought from psychology, anthropology, mythology, alchemy, indigenous cultures and poetic traditions. Author of Entering the Healing Ground: Grief, Ritual and the Soul of the World, he has introduced the healing work of ritual to thousands of people. The core of his work is creating pathways to reclaiming our indigenous soul, what psychologist Carl Jung called the “unforgotten wisdom” that resides in the heart of the psyche. To further this work, he founded and directs WisdomBridge, an organization that offers educational programs that seek to integrate the wisdom from traditional cultures with the insights and knowledge gathered from western cultures.

Given the extensive work I have done to reclaim my own 'indigenous soul' I feel it will be energizing and exciting to speak with him.  I feel I am standing on that threshold moment with the next stage of my own journey now before me; meeting people with similar minds and hearts will prove very critical to the next steps that I take.

I intend to write each day during my time away.  If there is Internet access I will post my daily writing to my blog.  If not you will be able to find my writings this coming Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!