Friday, September 27, 2013

Accelerating the Process of Recovery

Friday, September 27, 2013


I am fortunate to be able to report that my fundraising effort to embark on a one month project in Hawaii has been quite fruitful.  Though I did not hit my original goal of $2K I am nonetheless very grateful and excited by the generosity that was shown to me by many people.  I am trusting that the remaining details will fall into place in a timely way.

One primary goal I have set for myself during my time in the midst of the Pacific Ocean is to allocate some time each day to more diligently visualize and imagine what I want the remainder of my life to be like.  Throughout these last three months I have been focused almost exclusively on my own health improvement.  Thankfully this time is now receding behind me.  A much more expansive vista now awaits me in the present and future.

I am also excited to live in an environment where healthy eating will be relatively easy given the supportive quality of the retreat center I will be working at.  Developing a greater base of knowledge regarding nutrition is another one of my primary goals.  There is so much that I want to learn.

Now that I have finally clearly appreciated the magnitude of the impact of being around so much illness when I was growing up I can begin the much deeper process of working through how this affected me. Somehow, despite all the therapy, personal development workshops, formal education, mentoring and so on I never really felt in my mind and body just how deeply drained I felt by being in the environment I was in with my mother and father until that old associated grief awoke in me earlier this year.  I love my mother and believe she did the best she could.  I do not fault her for becoming sick and eventually moving back to Germany.  And yet in my child mind of the time my feeling of loss was as vast as the Pacific Ocean.

Tonight is one of the last truly warm nights of the year here in Minnesota.  It nearly feels tropical outside.  It's a good stimulus for me to focus my mind on Hawaii.  In the coming days I will provide more details about the project I am undertaking on the island of Moloka'i.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!