Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Take a Chance...While You Can

Wednesday, July 22, 2015


My mother just had her birthday. She is in her late sixties now. I sent her a birthday card last week. I wonder if I will ever see her again. When I consider the very real possibility that I will never see her again it gives me pause to ponder the ephemeral quality of life.

There are times in life when an opportunity comes along only once. In fact this may be the norm rather than the exception. I have been reflecting on the reality of opportunities lately as I plan to take my next step forward and begin working as an AmeriCorps servicemember next week. I am already thinking beyond the next twelve months. I believe this is a wise strategy considering I already have a lengthy professional history.

As the sky darkens outside on this late July evening I am aware of the many possibilities I never pursued as well as the possibilities that still remain. I suppose this is still more evidence that I am truly now in the second half of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!