Friday, July 10, 2015

Moving On To The Next Level

Friday, July 10, 2015


Today was an important day. It was the last day that I took sertraline as a means of supporting my health. I have been gradually titrating down on my daily dosage these last several months. I feel good about the fact that I am now rejoining the ranks of that population of Americans who live their daily lives in an unmedicated way.

I spent much of my day today doing landscaping for a friend. It was nice to enjoy the strength of the summer sun and feel myself to be stronger than I have been in a few years. I plan to continue seeing my therapist at least twice a month through the next twelve months. I am planning to do this as a form of preventative care. Though I no longer feel depressed (and have not felt depressed for a very long time now) I do still have a lingering sadness not unusual for someone who has experienced extensive trauma.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!